Friday, January 9, 2009

Stuck


Every now and again the little guy will come stumbling into Our bed in the middle of the night. I am usually so sound asleep that I don't notice until He wedges His little body against mine trying to leach whatever warmth He can. This scenario occurred at about 2 am this morning. I tolerated sharp toe jabs to the groin for about an hour before returning Him to His own bed only to find Him staring Me down again at 6 am looking for a spot. For some reason, He flocks to my side, completely ignoring His mom, which pins Me in the middle. This is where the real trouble arises. Somehow I must get out of the bed for work without disturbing either one of them. I can crawl over Him, but if He wakes it's all over. She provides a bigger obstacle, but if I wake Her, She'll be out again in no time. Thinking for a moment I decided my girlfriend was the safest bet and I went about my early-morning contortionist routine, manage to shimmy over Her (despite grumbling) without waking either party. The escape complete, my morning was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment