Friday, April 17, 2009

The Tool Set

He was always asking for a tool set, so We thought a few tools would make a good Christmas gift. The repercussions of such a gift, however, never crossed Our minds. The piles of tiny screws, miscellaneous springs, and dozens upon dozens of batteries that would soon overcome the house must have seemed irrelevant at the time. And, to be honest, none of this really hit Me until I set about to clean His room and was able to gather a small sample of battery covers and mutilated toys (note: the pathetic, dismembered foot of a once laughing Elmo was omitted from the photo). I am amazed at how much He has actually taken apart with the help of Our great gift. His weapon of choice is a small Phillips-head screw driver and, from the carnage I have seen, there is nothing it cannot accomplish. He was even able to disassemble, in an hour, a wooden mouse-house that had been meticulously constructed by Her, glue and all, for Christmas the year prior, and yes, the irony of this is undeniably classic. I guess I could attempt to match each battery cover with its other half, but I know that I would be fighting an uphill battle that I could never win.

No comments:

Post a Comment